Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sitting on a Cliff Overlooking a Forest…

As I sat there, overlooking the forest, a mutual calmness was created within every living cell of my being. There were many kinds of trees in that forest, but one stood out among the rest. It was the old oak tree that sat in a clearing near the center of the forest. After sitting there for over thirty years, it had grown very large, but it seemed to be just as healthy as it was thirty years ago. It was quite majestic, for a tree. I began to advance towards it's beauty, as if I was in a trance. I heard a cracking noise. Only then did I realize that I had reached the edge of the cliff. It crumbled away and I deployed my emergency parachute. If there was one thing I had learned from my parents, it was to always come prepared for anything. As I glided through the open sky, I located my father's cabin, sitting under that old oak tree. I steered towards it. I managed to land in front of the cabin, just in time for lunch.

1 comment: