In the book
The Bar Code Rebellion by Suzanne
Weyn, 17-year-old Kayla and her friends are trapped in a world where you need a
barcode implanted with your DNA or you won’t even be allowed to live. This
barcode must be applied when a child turns 17. Kayla has refused the bar code,
and some of her friends have too, and one even burned it off. This is because
your genetics are stored in your bar code and possibly worse, and imperfections
can ruin your life.
Sometimes,
I wonder what will happen next, but I have a pretty good guess. Another book
series I have read called the Inheritance Series has a similar plot. Kayla and
her friends will encounter many hardships on their run from the law. At times
they will doubt themselves but in the end the suppressive Global-1 will be
overthrown.
Consequentially,
the bar codes will cease to exist, and life will become normal again. The
question is, what is it that required their removal? What was in that bar code?
I guess I’ll just have to keep reading and find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment