Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pick a Card

Authors Note: This is a response to the story "Thank You Ma'am", and as it proved itself to be really good, I decided to post it.

When I think about the story "Thank You Ma'am", I think about the actions and reactions of the characters. If you read it, you will realize something important.

This is that people aren't all the same, and so what you would do in a certain situations, isn't always the same as what someone else would do. Because of this, you can't accurately predict what someone will do.

This story is a perfect example of this, as instead of running, just standing there, or hitting Roger, Mrs. Jones took him inter her home and cared for him.

This shows that even the most straightforward of things can yield unexpected results. So when you are about to do something, anything, first consider all the possible results. This is a very common mistake, and I must admit, even I have trouble with this.

So be careful, or the consequences may end up being more than you can handle.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this piece as a whole, it was excellent. Next time you could possibly include a quote from the story to make it better. I thought you did really well in expressing what the whole class was thinking because I don't think that we knew how to say it aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very intelligent and interesting response, Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was short and to the point.
    1 sentence is not a paragraph.
    was short and to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gabe H./Yo MammA!! - Thank you!

    @Marqus B. - It wasn't supposed to be 1 sentence paragraphs, the site messed it up when I posted it.

    ReplyDelete