Authors Note: You may judge my poems by how good they are, but do NOT judge me based on them, ESPECIALLY the last one. It is how I feel, these poems are not for you to judge me, but to understand me.
The Sandstorm of Life
The sands of time fall into place,
Piece by piece,
Burying youth in the dust of old.
And then the winds of fate,
They whistle and howl.
Dictating the paths that man shall follow.
Combined a storm arises from the two,
A sandstorm that cannot be overcome,
Blowing away life and death alike.
Only the few who command immense power or luck,
Have even the slightest chance to last.
But do not turn and let the storm carry you,
For if you do life will lose meaning,
Nothing will be the same.
Do not let the sand distort your vision,
Rather harness it and blow away deception,
And face reality head first.
Enter the storm with will everlasting,
And you will last longer.
Visualize your goal on the other side,
And strive for it with all your might.
For success follows hardship,
Like a moth follows light,
But nothing lasts forever,
Especially opportunity.
So take it while it exists,
And enjoy the rewards,
Before they are blown away.
For once they disappear,
They will not return.
So enjoy what you have,
For you may not have it much longer.
The Beasts of Fear
The beasts,
They come forth,
From the mountains to the east,
And the plains to the north.
They will burn down our villages,.
And steal all our stuff.
With merciless pillages,
Leaving only trails of their fluff.
They will take what they want,
And no matter how much we fuss,
They will continue to flaunt,
Their superiority over us.
But we cannot let it happen,
I know I will not.
I must kill them all while they are nappin’,
And so I will attack without another thought.
The beasts that are fear,
I believe they are here,
Tearing apart our very being,
Our race is hanging by a string.
I Sit Alone
I sit alone,
In the back of the room,
With no one to talk to.
I sit alone,
By the window,
Wondering where I went wrong.
I try to hold in my sorrow,
And put on a happy face,
But every time I see what I’ve lost,
I fall deeper into the abyss.
No one really tries,
To pull me out,
And every time I climb up,
I fall twice as far back down.
Only a few friends and family,
Hold me to this world,
Unable to pull me up,
But reluctant to let me go.
I try to get people to like me,
And give me another chance,
To live outside the darkness,
And thrive in the light.
But what’s the point of coming out,
If people just push you back in,
I’m hanging on by a single string,
And it’s almost ready to break.
If someone doesn’t throw me a rope,
Then I might just drift away,
Into the abyss,
Into the darkness.
And now I sit alone,
Deep in the shadows,
Ignored and forgotten,
Like an old broken toy.
Yes I sit alone,
Wherever I go,
Just screaming for help,
But no one ever hears my cries.
No comments:
Post a Comment