Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fight to Survive - Chapter 1: Captured!


Author's Note: I needed a break from my other series which is hard to write for, since it originated as a journal. This one, however, was made to be a series and I plan to make it a good one. Please enjoy.


"Where am I…" I mumbled groggily. "I remember falling, down into the abyss. How did I get here?"

 "You are on the space cruiser Exvigonial 6250," said a mysterious voice.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Unit 69384, the automated pilot of this vessel. You may call me captain." replied the voice.

"Okay, 'Captain', what are you going to do to me?

"You will be sent to the island where we send our more intelligent specimens."

"Thanks for the compliment, I think. Now, how do I get home?"

"Hmm, I like you specimen 189374, you've got spunk. If you can survive and beat the final boss, I will grant you your freedom."

"First of all, call me Shadow. Second of all, have anything to get me started?"

"Yes, Shadow, I do. In the pack under your seat you will find a hammer, hatchet, pickaxe, tinderbox, and 50 pieces of gold. You will find several towns on the island too."

"Thank you."

"I didn't say it was free."

"What!?"

"Defeat these drones to receive the pack."

Five drones entered the room, as if the previous sentence was their cue. I kicked the first one in the head and chucked it at the second, which held a long metal staff. I picked up the staff and took out another drone with ease. The fourth drone also had a staff and caught me off guard. It struck a shattering blow and broke my staff in two. I jabbed it with the jagged edge of the shorter half and hit the core, shorting out the drone. I took it's staff along with the other half of mine and bashed the final drone into pieces.

"Here's your staff," I said.

"Keep it, you might need it," replied the captain.

"Thanks."

I slept well that night, knowing I would have a chance to go home. When I woke up I gathered my stuff and went to thank the captain, but strangely enough, the door wouldn't budge. I tried again, pushing with all my strength. No luck. I decided that there must be something blocking the door and knew the only way to get out was through the air vents. I stood on my bed and heaved myself up and into the vent. I dropped down outside my door and looked in amazement. There wasn't anything there, the ship was on lockdown. I looked around and saw nothing but punctured walls, scorched floors, and bent doors. Something was definitely wrong…

To be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. These fiction pieces are a real way for you to exhibit your skills that lie in creativity and imagination. They read well, like a science fiction movie. I can easily picture what is happening in the scenes, and the fact that you don't rush through the material demonstrates a discipline that is good to see coming from your work. You should consider doing this as a regular hobby, and look to be published as a young adult!

    ReplyDelete