Monday, May 23, 2011

Trouble Atop Pluto Base: Part III

I woke up with a startled look on my face. I heard a howl nearby, and was sure that something was here. I peeked out over a small rock, my eyes barely visible. I saw a flare wolf scouting around a nearby crevice. A long time ago, a small meteor crashed here and released several species of lava monsters. The flare wolves served as loyal scout. Like the rest of the species that landed, they're capable of producing a warm, flammable gas that keeps them alive, even out here. I hid myself behind the rock I slept by last night. If the flare wolf found me, it would drag me back to their camp, dead if required, and use me for food. I needed to find their home, but I didn't feel like getting eaten today, or any day, for that matter. I tossed a pebble at the back of the cave, and crept out of the cave. When he had determined that the area was clear, the fearsome creature began its journey back home, unaware I was behind it the whole time. Hours later, I saw their camp, along with an obvious supply line leading home. I had to report this. Once I sent the message, I looked for more information. I saw something and went to investigate. Bows, arrows, armor, they were planning an invasion! I reached for my phone, and found a blaze warrior...

4 comments:

  1. This was another cool continuation of your story. You, again, had good descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell by the writing that you are really enjoying this writing piece, but I wish you would add into the author's note something about how this is connected to the book you are reading. Also, what skills are you working to improve by writing this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not connected to my book, and this is just a free-write piece to get something fun on my blog... [=^|

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is getting really interesting. You have a creative story line and your descriptions add a lot to it. This is a very good entry.

    ReplyDelete