Friday, May 20, 2011

Trouble Atop Pluto Base: Part II

Author's Note: This is an extention of a previous post. Please DO NOT READ until you have read the first part. Enjoy.

The beam creaked and groaned under my weight. The path was becoming steeper and more difficult to climb as the beam continued to bend. Then I heard it. The erie squeek followed by a sharp snap. The metal that was holding me up fell down into the crater below. I snached at the remaining stub unsuccessfully, as the shards of metal cut deep into my hand. I made no attempts to bandage it, for I knew I was finished. I heard a sharp thud as the old beam managed to strech itself across the crater, and an even sharper clang when I fell on top of it. The beam crunched under the impact and my hand was bleeding furiously. I grunted repeatedly as I climbed up the beam, trying to ignore the pain. I leapt at the edge of the crater as the rusted chunk of metal fell into the seemingly endless pit of darkness. I was far below the construction site, and knew I would have to fend for myself until I could get back up there. I tore off a scrap of fabric from the last person to fall down here and wraped it around my wound. A small Plutonian bear was gathering food nearby, and seemed to be unaware of my presence. I drew the small dagger that was provided to each of us, and threw it as hard as I could. It wasn't enough to kill, but the sudden pain had paralized it. I skinned the beast and roasted it over my lighter. Belly full, I fell asleep in a shallow crater, covered by a blanket fashioned out of the remaining fabric from that dead guy I had found earlier...


To Be Continued


1 comment:

  1. This was a cool continuation of your earlier piece. It had good descriptions and I could hear your voice throughout the entire piece.

    ReplyDelete