Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fight to Survive - Chapter 2: The Intruders

I glided through the shadows, peering around the corners, unsure of what to expect. It seemed as if whatever destroyed the ship left. Then, after making sure the area was clear, I hacked into the panel locking up the armory. The supply was limited to a rusty handgun and a small combat knife. I gathered them up along with all the ammo I could find. It wasn't much, but it would have to do.

 
 

As I approached the bridge I noticed two figures talking. They were not humans, nor anything I had ever seen. As I looked at the confusing scene, I noticed a balled up hunk of beaten metal in the nearby corner. I quickly scuttled over and cut him free. I told him to wait there as I snuck into the cockpit at the front of the bridge. I noticed that one was big, burly and armed, while the other was fat with a big head. I jumped out and grabbed the fat one, my knife held to his throat. A trickle of blood ran down his neck, staining my knife. The other creature was quite dumb, and started shooting. Dead, I dropped the obese freak of nature to the ground and shot the other one in the leg. He screamed in pain and collapsed to the ground, trying to bandage the wound with a scrap of fabric from his shirt. I decided to put him out of his misery and slit his throat.

 
 

The ship was out of fuel and heading for a nearby star. I scrambled for the escape pods and was about to launch when I remembered the captain. He was losing oil fast and I was short on supplies. I took a scrap of metal from the ship and welded it on with a fire nearby. We barely escaped the explosion as the Exvigonial 6250 crashed into the star. Now we were hurtling through space in a cramped escape pod, with little food…

 
 

 
 

To Be Continued…

3 comments:

  1. the stories are really exciting and creative. You are really good at writing fiction. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to be impressed by what you do here in the genre of science fiction. Be sure you are always pushing yourself, making goals concerning what you want to achieve next and if you want help in drafting those types of goals, I would be glad to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that these two pieces are great and I would like to read more. You are very good at fiction, and these pieces are very exciting and well written too.

    ReplyDelete