Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fight to Survive - Chapter 3: The Dongunians Arrive!


It had been hours since we ejected from the ship and our food stores were low. The captain, a skeleton-like robot with an AI program unlike anything I had seen before, was charging in the rear corridor. The escape pod wasn't much of a pod, actually. It resembled something of a small battleship on the outside, with a luxurious house-like interior. Unfortunately, our fuel supply was nearly nonexistent, and our hull was punctured when we flew through an asteroid field. I managed to patch it with a jagged shard of metal while the captain was charging. "Holy crap!" I exclaimed as a fleet of Dongunian warships came out of hyper space. "Cloaking systems, activated!" I commanded.

"Cloaking systems online," replied the ship's control unit.

"Thank god," I whispered to myself.

"What?" asked the captain.

"That," I said while pointing to the warships.

"My god, that thing is huge," he gasped.

He plugged himself into the communication station and attempted to access it.

MALIN OTARU
RANK: CAPTAIN
SHIP: EXVIGONIAL 6250
CLASS: STEALTH CRUISER

ACCESS GRANTED
LOGGING IN…
HAILING FLEET…
HAIL ACCEPTED
CONNECTING...

"Who's there!?" boomed the Dongunian general.

"I am Captain Otaru of the Rotari Defensive Alliance Division 832" replied the captain.

"And I am Shadow Darkfire from the planet Delta 4," I added.

"Otaru… Where have I heard that before?" said the general.

"We wish to pass your fleet unharmed," stated the captain.

"Go ahead."

We passed through the fleet and began to talk about what had just happened.

"Otaru? I thought you were a mere android!" I blurted out.

"I was trying to avoid these questions, but now it seems I have no other choice," replied the captain.

I stood there, paralyzed as he continued.

"It seems the Dongunians are on the move again," said the captain. "And in much, much larger numbers. Shadow, how would you like to join the RDA Division 832? Shadow?"

I shook of the paralysis and began to speak, "I would love to Captain Otaru."

"Great! We'll start first thing in the morning."

 On that note, we headed off to bed, thinking of the coming adventure...


To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment