The dark paladin,
Head of thieves,
And thief of heads,
An evil person from evil days,
Strode along in his long black robe,
With his accompanying band of thieves,
His horse,
Nicknamed Jet for its speed,
Always seemed to float,
And although scientifically impossible,
No one ever questioned it,
As he appears to be able to break the laws of nature,
I lost my head to that horrid man,
When his blade cut not my throat,
But the soul that connected it to my body,
Now it is but a mere trophy for him,
And I live on without memories of times past,
Though I have forgotten all else,
I will never forget that man,
Nor the night he took my head,
That evil man from evil days,
The dark paladin,
Head of thieves,
And thief of heads.
With Halloween on my mind, this makes me envision the Headless Horseman. You have a gift for word choice, especially with imagery. Wonderful poem! I hope the thief of heads never comes after me. I quite like my head where it is!
ReplyDeleteNice that's cool I don't think I could write anything like that.
ReplyDeleteI bet you could if you tried hard enough.
ReplyDelete